In 30 appearances off the bench this season, Mompremier averaged three points, three rebounds and a block.

Ohio forward Wadly Mompremier has been released from the Bobcats, the team announced Tuesday morning. 

Ohio coach Saul Phillips granted Mompremier a release from his scholarship, opening a second scholarship for the Bobcats in 2016-17. 

"Wadly has been granted his immediate release," Phillips said in a news release. "We thank him for his efforts and support him as he looks to get closer to home."

Mompremier hails from Miami, Florida, and was one of Ohio's vital bench pieces during the non-conference portion of its schedule.

That included a 12-point, 12-rebound performance in an 85-75 win over Florida Gulf Coast on Nov. 14. Seven of Mompremier's rebounds were offensive. He also added a steal and two assists in 20 minutes of action. 

As the season progressed into Mid-American Conference play, however, he started to share more minutes with freshman Doug Taylor. 

Of Mompremier's 272 minutes played in 2015-16, a career-high 122 of them came during 16 MAC games.

During conference play, he averaged two points, nearly three rebounds, 40 percent shooting from the free throw line and 52 percent shooting from the field during 7.6 minutes of play. 

Mompremier started five of the 64 games he played over his three-year career in Athens. 

Mompremier's departure also marks the second-consecutive year Ohio has released a player during the offseason. Ryan Taylor left the program last July.

@Lukeoroark

Lr514812@ohio.edu