OU President Roderick McDavis announces the Promise Lives Campaign has met its $450 million fundraising goal on April 28, 2014. McDavis announced Tuesday that the Promise Lives Campaign surpassed its 2015 goal.

OU President McDavis highlights Promise Lives Campaign, university expansion in annual report

The university surpassed its Promise Lives Campaign goal of $500 million to help pay for university programs.

Ohio University President Roderick McDavis highlighted the completion of the Promise Lives Campaign and the expansion of the university Tuesday in his president’s report for 2015.

OU surpassed its Promise Lives campaign goal of $500 million to help pay for university programs, according to a previous Post report. The campaign ended June 30 and was primarily paid for by three major donors.

• In addition, OU’s medical school branched out to Dublin and outside of Cleveland within the past year. OU’s Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine has partnered with the Cleveland Clinic on its campus in Warrensville Heights.

• Retention rates increased by 1.4 percent from the previous year, with 80 percent of students returning to OU for their sophomore year.

• The university implemented the OHIO Guarantee for the class of 2019. The guaranteed tuition model makes it so students and their parents could be better able to plan for college, according to university officials.

@kcoward02

kc769413@ohio.edu