The Survivor Advocacy Program, located in Lindley Hall room 033, closed temporarily and is searching for an interim advocate.

Ohio University offers mental health services

Sexual assault survivors can find counseling through the Survivor Advocacy Program. 

Ohio University offers mental health and sexual assault survivor services throughout campus for students.

After being shut down for a majority of the past academic year, the Survivor Advocacy Program is expected to open and provide support to students who have been impacted by sexual assault on or off campus. 

The program also supports and informs survivors through police investigations and responds to a crisis phone line, according to a previous Post report

“The survivor advocacy office is going to be back up and running by fall in the same place in Lindley,” Jenny Hall-Jones, dean of students, said. “We’re going to have two staff there as a confidential place for sexual assault survivors.”

The OU Survivor Advocacy Program was shut down in November after the program coordinator position remained unfilled. The program's former coordinator, Delaney Anderson, who was a non-mandated reporter for sexual assault survivors, left OU on Oct. 16.

Counselors at SAP will not be mandated to tell police when survivors tell them about cases of sexual assault. However, other OU employees, including resident assistants, are mandated to report cases to police.

Other services available to students include Counseling and Psychological Services, which is located on the third floor of Hudson Health Center, and Campus Care, where employees are also non-mandated reporters, according to a previous Post report.

Students can also speak with counselors-in-residence who are available during the evenings in the Living Learning Center.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="9513723c-ea1d-11e5-ac72-137cb41cb707"}}

Counselors-in-residence are doctoral students in clinical psychology or counselor education programs who have a master's degree and have completed at least two years of supervised clinical training, according to the program's website.

@M_PECKable

mp172114@ohio.edu