David Descutner

Interim president signs contract with university

Ohio University’s interim president officially signed a contract with the university and will make a $350,000 annual salary — though that total figure will be prorated depending on the number of months he will serve.

David Descutner, who was named interim president at the Jan. 20 Board of Trustees meeting, could also receive $30,000 in additional compensation if he successfully helps transition OU’s new president into the role, according to his contract with the university.

The four finalists for that position are Pam Benoit, Dean Bresciani, Robert Frank and Duane Nellis.

Descutner became a special assistant to the president Feb. 1. He will take over as interim president Feb. 18 and will remain in the role until June 30. He will then serve as special assistant to the president until July 31.

After that, he will return as special assistant to the executive dean for Faculty Affairs and Academic Planning in the Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, and he will maintain his current salary of $154,158, according to the contract.

The contract also outlined Descutner’s job description as interim president. He is expected to help fundraise, plan for the long term, hire and fire employees, work with the budget and recommend policies, among other roles.

@kcoward02

kc769413@ohio.edu