Rylie Brown

Back to Bobcat Basics: Wardrobe must-haves when the weather is weird

Although the calendar says March, the temperature can sometimes be more like January or February. If we get lucky, we might have an April or May day thrown in there somewhere. Nevertheless, dressing for the day is its own chore now and requires a lot of double checking your weather app and tracking weather patterns by the hour. My first and obvious tip is to dress in layers, but maybe you still need a few pointers. Look no further.

1. Cardigans

Grab a few thinner cardigans to help you transition from winter to spring. You don’t need the heaviness anymore, but you need something that can be worn over a simple t-shirt and under a winter coat on some days. Cardigans are my go-to because they can be dressed up or down and I can always take it off if it’s too hot.

2. Tattered jeans

These are the perfect pants for that “in between” weather because the rips and tears create a casual spring look, but still hold in some heat for brisk days. Another perk is that that can easily be rolled up a bit to pair with sandals when the sun peeks out.

3. Spring-toned outwear

A great way to jump into your spring vibe while still trying to stay warm is to wear winter clothes in spring colors. My favorite piece is my cargo jacket in a mauve shade.

4. Hats

Is it a cold morning and you don’t feel like fixing your hair? Throw on a baseball hat because it’s the relaxed, leisure wear of spring with all of the cold and snowflake proof capabilities.

Hang in there, actual spring weather will be here before you know it. Luckily, when temperatures start to climb, you will still be able to wear a couple of these pieces incorporated in more spring-inspired ensembles.

Rylie Brown is a sophomore studying journalism with a focus in news and information. Please note that the views and opinions expressed by columnists do not reflect those of The Post. What are your favorite spring fashions? Tweet her @RylieMarieBrown.