TV Review: Couples are reunited on ‘Once Upon a Time’

It has been an emotional rollercoaster for the relationships on Once Upon a Time this season. But for those who have lost all hope, start doing your happy dance now because two couples are reunited. Here is what happened in the latest episode of Once Upon a Time.

Snow White and Prince Charming could have prevented Emma from becoming the Savior

Back in the time of the dark curse that sent every character to Storybrooke, Charming (Josh Dallas) was in a coma and Snow (Ginnifer Goodwin) visited him every day. One day, she comes across a pink pixie flower. She puts it near Charming and some of the magic gets on him and he wakes up. Snow has no idea who he is until he gives some of the magic to her, but they have to be weary of Regina (Lana Parrilla) who is evil at this time.

Charming wants to know where Emma (Jennifer Morrison) is, so he goes to Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle). He tells Charming that the pixie flower is used to reunite people with their true loves. If he and Snow use it, they can find Emma.

When they go to use the flower, Rumple comes in and tells them not to use it because Emma is not at the age she needs to be to break the curse. Instead, Rumple gives them a potion that will put them back under the curse.

Charming and Snow don’t listen though, and they use the flower and it opens a door to Emma. They peer through the portal to find a younger Emma. At the last minute they decide not to step through because if they did, Emma would not become the Savior.

In present day Storybrooke, Snow tells Emma the story and that she might not be preparing for the final battle had they stepped through the portal. As usual, Emma is very understanding.

Via giphy.com

Hope for defeating the Black Fairy

In Neverland, Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) is saved from the Lost Boys by Tiger Lily (Sara Tomko), but she then hold him captive. She wants Hook to deliver something to another realm, but he is too focused on getting back to Emma. Tiger Lily holds up a small piece of wood and she says she needs it delivered to the Savior. Oh my goodness, they are talking about the same person.

Hook tells her he is trying to get to Emma. Tiger Lily says the piece of wood is the wand that was used to trap the Black Fairy in her realm and it might be able to help Emma.

To get the wand back to Emma, Hook infiltrates the Lost Boys’ camp, which still has some of Peter Pan’s magic. Tiger Lily distracts the boys and Hook manages to cut his shadow away from his body. The shadow floats in the air and is about to take Hook to Storybrooke when the Lost Boys grab onto Hooks leg. Hook tells his shadow to take the wand to Emma, and he is left behind in Neverland.

Via giphy.com

Hook and Emma reunite

Throughout the episode, Snow and Emma were in search of pixie flowers, which had been popping up around town. The flowers only appear when there is great evil in the vicinity. They hope to use the flowers to break the curse between Snow and Charming.

When they come across a whole field of the small, pink flowers, the Black Fairy (Jamie Murray) and Gideon (Giles Matthey) appear. The Black Fairy orders Gideon to get rid of them and the two disappear. When Emma looks down, she sees one of the flowers poking out of a snow bank.

They take the flower back to the apartment, but the sleeping curse got worse and now they both might be asleep forever. When Regina is about to spread the pixie flower dust on them, Hook’s shadow comes in through the window. Emma senses something is wrong and is worried. Snow tells her to use the pixie flower dust to help Hook. Emma is reluctant but ultimately agrees.

She conjures the door and saves Hook. The one true pairing is reunited. Hook gets down on one knee and gives Emma a proper proposal. Of course, she says “yes,” and the two will be wed in the season finale that will also be a musical episode.

Via giphy.com

The sleeping curse is broken

Despite giving the flower to Emma to reunite her with her one true love, Regina has another idea to break the sleeping curse between Snow and Charming. Earlier in the episode, Regina drained the curse from their hearts, but it didn’t work. She tells the town to come to the mayor’s office and asks them to drink the curse. Regina hopes that if enough people drink the sleeping curse, it will wake up Snow and Charming.

Everyone in the room takes a sip. When all of the curse is gone, a green light flashes and Snow and Charming’s eye pop open. They see the bodies of their friends and family laying on the ground and it freaks them out. Snow approaches Emma and she wakes up. Thankfully, everyone is OK.

Via giphy.com

The Black Fairy wants her son’s support

The Black Fairy is on a mission to destroy Storybrooke, and she wants Rumple’s help. Rumple is not too keen on the idea. The Black Fairy says she just wants to be a part of his family, but I don’t think he believes her. Rumple figured out that the Black Fairy has Gideon’s heart and is going to try to get it back. For being an overall evil man, Rumple can be a really nice guy sometimes.

Once Upon a Time airs every Sunday at 8 p.m. on ABC.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu