The series finale of Pretty Little Liars aired on Tuesday, and A.D. was revealed. (provided via Bustle)

Who is A.D.? — ‘Pretty Little Liars’ fans react to the long-awaited reveal

Well,  Pretty Little Liars has come to an end, and A.D. was revealed.

And her name is *drumroll* Alex Drake. Who is that, you ask? Well, it turns out Mary Drake (Andrea Parker) had more than one baby the night Spencer (Troian Bellisario) was born. Yup, Alex Drake (Troian Bellisario) is Spencer’s British twin. Let me fill you in on the details.

In Tuesday's series finale, Alex took Spencer hostage and told her entire story. Alex went her whole life not knowing she had a twin until Wren (Julian Morris) walked into the bar she worked at and mistook her for Spencer. At first, Alex didn’t believe Wren, but after he showed her a picture, there was no choice but to believe.

That revelation sparked a romance between Wren and Alex — and jealousy, too. Alex wanted to be Spencer. She wanted a family who loved her and friends who would risk their lives for her. It’s understandable that she would want that, but she could have just called Spencer or even Mary Drake. But no, she had to threaten them.

Alex briefly knew Charlotte, too. The two became close when Charlotte escaped Rosewood to England. When Charlotte wanted to continue the game, Alex was distraught. Alex found out Charlotte died and wanted revenge.

“Those b------ took her away from me, and now they are getting what they deserve,” Alex said.

In the last season, Alex pretended to be Spencer on several occasions — the most shocking one being the Spoby goodbye kiss. Yes, that kiss every PLL fan swooned over did not involve Spencer. Alex also hooked up with Toby — twice.

Alex took things to a creepier level when she revealed she killed Wren and turned his ashes into a diamond necklace — but not before she had him shoot her to have a scar that matched Spencer’s. Yeah, the girl is crazy.

Honestly, it’s not super surprising one of the main characters had a twin. The show was full of them. The reveal was pretty satisfying, even if Bellisario’s British accent sounded a little weird.

Some fans reacted to the big A.D. reveal on Twitter: 

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu