Jake the Diamond Dog delivered water to umpires. (Photo via @jessicastarbardwane Instagram) 

Fun News Friday: Good dog delivers waters to umpires; 92-year-old becomes flower girl

This week was filled with fireworks and fighting news outlets. Here’s what was happening in the other parts of the internet.

1. Strangers bought a car for one Texas man

Justin Korva was walking three miles to work every day. On one of his walks home from work, Austin Mitchell asked Korva if he wanted a ride. Korva, however, said he had been saving his money to buy a car and was working on bettering himself.

Mitchell raised enough money to buy Korva a new Toyota Camry.

“That's why I was saving for to get a car,” Korva told FOX 4. “It's just an instant blessing, an instant surprise.”

2. Very good dog delivers waters to umpires

Jake the Diamond Dog attended a Fort Wayne TinCaps game Monday and carried a basket of water bottles out to the umpires.

“Barnstorming across America to ballparks where his full-game performance includes: delivering the game ball to the pitcher, shagging foul balls, taking water and towels to the umps, playing batboy, catching Frisbees and honoring the Sweetheart of the Game," the Indy Star reported.

3. The world picked a favorite color

A UK paper company GF Smith surveyed thousands of people from more than 100 countries on a quest to find out what the world’s favorite color was. According to Mental Floss, the winner was this blue-green color called Marrs Green.

4. You can now tour the world with Google Earth’s Voyager

Google Earth’s new storytelling platform lets you explore the world. It will begin streaming live content Thursday, starting with Katmai National Park in Alaska, according to Mashable. Google partnered with Explore.org to let you watch polar bears playing around.

"Explore.org and Google Earth simply want to give you an up close and personal look at nature with the hope that you will fall in love with this beautiful planet," Mashable said.

What a cool way to view the world!

5. A 92-year-old flower girl does a great job

In this USA Today video, a 92-year-old woman takes on the role of flower girl.

“That was hard work,” she says at the end of the video. She did a great job, though!

See any fun news during the week? Let Maddie know by shooting her an email or a tweet.

@maddiecapron

mc055914@ohio.edu