Pitbull is joining a group of investors — that also includes Jeb Bush — attempting to buy the Miami Marlins. (Photo via @pitbull Instagram) 

Fun News Friday: Pitbull and Jeb Bush team up; Ramen-flavored Pringles available at dollar store

Season seven of Game of Thrones starts this weekend. To prepare yourself for the heartache and dread that will inevitably come from that, here’s a look at the fun things from the week.

1. Pitbull and Jeb Bush are looking to buy baseball team together

The unexpected team of Jeb Bush (yes, Jeb!), Mitt Romney’s son Tagg, Pitbull and a few others are looking to buy the Miami Marlins, according to Mashable

The singer confirmed his involvement on Facebook, and apparently he used to be one of the team’s hype men before making it big. I’m rooting for you, Mr. Worldwide and Jeb!

2. A 76-year-old woman takes wild way home

After leaving Walmart, a 76-year-old Michigan woman decided to ride her mobility scooter down the side of the interstate.

“According to MSP Sgt. Pete McNamara of the West Branch Post, the woman had just finished shopping at Walmart near Hamburger Hill off Exit 212,” The Bay City Times reports. “Instead of taking a safer, legal route home, the woman decided to take the expressway.”

McNamara said it was the first call of its kind.

3. Golden retriever is cleaning up pollution from China’s rivers 

One pet owner taught his dog some new tricks, and he’s helping clean up the planet. The golden retriever learned to fetch trash from the polluted rivers in China and collects between 20 and 30 bottles ever day, according to Mental Floss.

4. Ramen-flavored Pringles are apparently going to be a thing

Coming to shelves by late July, Pringles will be introducing Top Ramen Chicken-flavored Pringles, according to WKBW Buffalo. The new concoction will be available exclusively at none other than Dollar General.

“Top Ramen Chicken is the latest experimental flavor from Pringles,” WKBW said. “In recent years, the curved chip purveyor has trotted out flavors like hot dog, ketchup and pumpkin pie spice.”

5. Mini food pantry is helping those in need

Roman Espinoza built a mini food pantry in his front yard to help those in the community who may be in need of food, BuzzFeed reports. He calls it a “blessing box,” and he stocks it with nonperishable food items. The community fills in the rest.

"The box is for the community and sustained by the community," he told BuzzFeed. "It's open all day, every day. Come and take whatever you want and how much you need."

However, Espinoza’s blessing box isn’t the only one. Here are a few more: 

See any fun news during the week? Let Maddie know by shooting her an email or a tweet.

@maddiecapron

mc055914@ohio.edu