Illustration by Riley Scott

Want to order food? Here's every place that delivers in Athens

Looking to order food? From sandwiches to pizza (lots and lots of pizza) to beer or cookies, here is every place in Athens that staff members at The Post could think of, their hours, delivery fees and more:

When you want pizza or a calzone

There are six different places you can order pizza from in Athens — and one if you really want a calzone. 

Avalanche Pizza

Open from 10 a.m. to 1 a.m. and until 4 a.m. on weekends, Avalanche has won several awards over the years for its pizza. If you want something extravagant like the "Wheels on Fire" or "The Loaded Baked Potato Pie," you may want to order from here. A 14-inch cheese pizza costs $7.99, and the delivery fee is $1.25. 

Domino's Pizza

Classic chain pizza Domino's can be ordered from until 4 a.m. on the weekends. A 14-inch cheese pizza will cost $13.20, along with a $1.95 delivery fee. 

Papa John's

A large cheese pizza from Papa John’s will cost you $14.69 plus a $2.75 delivery fee, making it one of the priciest of the pizza places in Athens. You can order from here until 1 a.m. on the weekends.

Plus 1 Pizza

This pizza place has not only pizza but also strombolis, subs and more. A large pizza costs $9.95, and you can order until 1 a.m. The delivery fee is $1.95.

Doctor Pizza

Still somewhat new to Athens, Doctor Pizza delivers until 3 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. A 14-inch cheese pizza from there is about $13, and there's a $2 delivery fee. You can also get a "Big Momma Cookie" for about $5 to finish off the night. 

Pizza Hut

Another well-known chain, Pizza Hut is open until midnight in Athens. It has all the typical items, from pizza to wings to its cinnamon sticks with icing, which cost a little more than $4. A large cheese pizza costs $11.89 with a $2.75 delivery fee.

D.P. Dough

Not quite pizza, but if you're in the mood for a calzone, this is the place for you. D.P. Dough is open until 4 a.m. on the weekends, and you can get a calzone for $7.29. 

When you want a sandwich

Sometimes, sandwiches are exactly what you're looking for. They're also not the most expensive food out there. 

Bagel Street Deli

Yes, Bagel Street delivers. Its delivery service stops promptly at 8:45 p.m., according to its Facebook page. The shop’s bagels cost between $4.25 and $7.25. 

Jimmy John's 

Known for being "freaky fast," Jimmy John's will deliver until 3:30 a.m. on the weekends. Most sandwiches cost $4.50 to $7.25. 

Pita Pit

If you're looking to spend about $7, Pita Pit may be the place to order from. You can get it until 2:30 a.m. on the weekends, and there's a delivery fee of just $1. The store closes at 2:30 a.m Friday and Saturday.

When you want Asian food

We found four places in Athens that will bring Asian food right to your door. 

Fusion Noodle Company

Although its delivery minimum is on the heftier side at $12, Fusion can bring you fried rice, pad thai and more until 2:30 a.m. on the weekends. An order of its chicken fried rice will cost $8.55 with a $2.50 delivery fee. 

Ginger Asian Kitchen 

You can get a spicy chicken Asian bowl brought to you until 10 p.m. for $5.50. There is, however, a $2 delivery fee and a $10 delivery minimum at Ginger

China King

Open until 9:30 p.m., you can get just about anything for under $10 here. China King has everything from lo mein to szechuan chicken. You'll need to get at least $13 worth of food to get it delivered, though.

China Fortune

From sweet and sour shrimp to orange chicken for $10.95 each, China Fortune can deliver to you until 9:30 p.m. with a $3 delivery fee. 

When you want burritos, beer, wings or cookies

Yes, you read that correctly. You can get beer delivered in Athens.

Big Mamma's Burritos 

Big Mamma's hasn't always delivered, but now you can get burritos brought to your door until 3 a.m. and beer until 1 a.m., according to its website. A typical burrito costs $6.49. 

Wings Over Athens

Open until 3 a.m. on Friday and Saturday, Wings Over can bring you a pound of boneless wings for about $13. 

Insomnia Cookies 

Insomnia is popular way to end the night. When you want something sweet, you can order cookies until 2:45 a.m. A six-pack of cookies for you and your friends to share is $8.80, but you'll need to add $1.99 for the delivery fee. 

Know of somewhere that will deliver food that we missed? Let us know.

@maddiecapron

mc055914@ohio.edu