Vera Giacomazzi sets the ball during the game against Buffalo on October 28, 2017. (FILE)

Volleyball: The Bobcats are headed to Nebraska for three games and some home-cooked barbecue

Ohio will hop on a plane and travel to Lincoln, Nebraska, for three games inside the Devaney Center this weekend for the Ameritas Players Challenge. The Bobcats will play Nebraska, the reigning NCAA champions, Santa Clara and Wake Forest, who beat Ohio last season. Here's some news, notes and things to know for the weekend.

Friday

Game 1

@ Nebraska (1-1)

Match time: 1 p.m.

How to listen: Radio stream will be available via ohiobobcats.com.

Game 2

vs. Santa Clara (1-2)

Match time: 6 p.m.

How to listen: Radio stream will be available via ohiobobcats.com

Saturday

vs. Wake Forest (0-3)

Match time: Noon

How to listen/watch: Radio stream will be available via ohiobobcats.com

News and notes

– Looking at the stats from last weekend, Jaime Kosiorek improved in each game from her first tournament back from a 2017 ACL injury.

Kosiorek wasn't too pleased with her overall performance — she finished Friday's game with a negative hitting percentage (-.056) and led the Bobcats in errors (17) — but felt more comfortable with each match.

"It was interesting," she said. "I definitely didn't perform as well as I had hoped. I made a lot of errors, but that's just kind of something I need to continuously work through. Everything is still going on an upwards slope."

– Coach Deane Webb was working closely with Kosiorek, who had 10 combined service errors last weekend, when she was practicing her serve at Tuesday's practice. Kosiorek's serve was consistently hitting above 50 mph on a coaching assistant's radar gun, while other players' serves flew in around 35-45 mph.

– The Bobcats are scheduled to make a visit at Carley Remmers' house in Filley, Nebraska, which is about an hour away from Lincoln. According to Webb, Remmers' family will serve barbecue for the team.

@anthonyp_2

ap012215@ohio.edu