scribbled a love note on a piece of notebook paper torn from a binder she uses in her classes as a freshman at Athens High School. The letter was not intended for a boy in her class or even in her town

14

scribbled a love note on a piece of notebook paper torn from a binder she uses in her classes as a freshman at Athens High School. The letter was not intended for a boy in her class or even in her town but rather for 16-year-old pop sensation Justin Bieber.

Can you give him a letter for me? Pierson asked Robert Caplin Bieber's personal photographer

who was perched at a table in Baker University Center signing copies of the book Justin Bieber: First Step 2 Forever: My Story.

He gets a lot of letters, Caplin said

but I can put it in front of him.

Caplin

an Athens High School alumnus who graduated from Ohio University's Visual Communication program in 2005

returned home to Athens yesterday to sign copies of the singer's memoir

for which he took the photographs.

(Bieber) gets probably 3,000 letters at every show, Caplin said after the signing. Sometimes I'll see a note from somebody and see their Twitter name and I'll say, 'Hey, I saw your note in Justin's locker room,' just to let them know.

Caplin scored his gig as Bieber's photographer after taking some choice shots of the singer while on assignment for The New York Times. He put together a prototype book of the photos and pitched it to publishers and Bieber's management

who asked Caplin to stick around on the road. He has spent the last four months on tour taking photographs of Bieber and awaiting First Step 2 Forever

which hit bookshelves earlier this month.

By now

Caplin is something of a celebrity to the teens who see him close to Bieber at shows and read his name on the cover of Bieber's book