will get a five-year contract worth about $250

Schaus said. $50

000 of that will be for for media obligations like post-game interviews and weekly radio shows.

Tim O'Shea Groce's predecessor earned $198

230 last year.

Groce

who has worked as an assistant coach for 14 years

said the timing was right to make the leap to a head coaching job.

It's a dream come true to be a head coach at a prestigious university like Ohio University, Groce said.

This is a perfect fit G

Tillman said.

Groce hopes the quick pace of his hiring translates onto the court for the Bobcats. When addressing his style of coaching, he called it attacking thru adaptability.

Were going to attack

I want people saying these guys are hard to play against

Groce said.

But first, Groce must compile a coaching staff, a task that will begin immediately. While no decisions have been made, Groce added that the staff must complement each other and that he is open to every possible candidate.

My commitment is to find the very best staff possible here at Ohio University

Groce said.

Groce's coaching career began in 1993 when he took an assistant coaching position at his alma mater, Taylor University in Indiana. He made a jump in 1996 when he accepted the same job at North Carolina State.

In 2001, Groce went to Butler University. This marked the beginning of the eight years he spent with Thad Matta, current head coach at Ohio State. A year later he followed Matta to Xavier University where he spent three seasons before his last stop in Columbus.

Groce spent the last two seasons as Matta's associate head coach at Ohio State. Matta was the one who told Groce about the opening at Ohio and urged him to consider it.

He told me

'it's not why would you take the job