Volleyball: 'Cats prep with exhibition games

The Bobcats continue to face tough competition this spring in preparation for the fall as they travel to Cincinnati tomorrow for the Bearcat Spring Tournament.

Coach Ryan Theis was not available for comment.

With only a few more weeks left in the spring season, Ohio continues to progress and focus on each upcoming exhibition game.

Cincinnati is coming off a 13-1 fall season in the Big East Conference and an appearance in the NCAA tournament.  The Bearcats are continuing through the spring with the OVVC Spring Invitational Tournament and also facing Michigan State.    

Last weekend, the Bobcats faced off against the Dayton and Ohio State. Both teams played in the NCAA tournament in the fall season. In the MAC regular season, Dayton defeated Ohio 3-0.

Four seniors graduate this spring and will be absent when the Bobcats step onto the court in the fall.  The seniors include Meryl Bender, Sue Jacobi, Michelle Jantsch and Mandy Nichols.

Junior Katie Post has been labeled as a dual-threat player for the Bobcats by Theis earlier in the season. Post led the team in blocks and was second in points scored for the team during the fall.

Ohio has a large upcoming sophomore class with five freshmen on the current team. It is a young team that has been gaining a lot of experience through the exhibition games and open gym sessions with the upperclassmen.

Theis has stated that there haven’t been any offseason problems and the spring has given Ohio the opportunity to continue working through the little things. The exhibition games offer Theis the chance to see how his team competes against other competition in the Bearcat Spring Tournament. This will be the third weekend of tournaments for Ohio.

mb832409@ohiou.edu

@ThePostSport