Arkansas State accepts GoDaddy.com bowl bid

Having clinched the MAC East outright with their win Tuesday over Miami, the Bobcats are guaranteed a bowl bid.

The two remaining questions: where will they be playing and who will will they be taking on.

The answer to the latter question has gotten a little more clear. Arkansas State has accepted a bid to play in the GoDaddy.com Bowl on Jan. 8 in Mobile, Ala, which is one of the two bowl games Ohio is most likely to appear in.

The Red Wolves, who have secured at least a share of the Sun Belt Conference title, are already selling tickets to the game.

Ohio will, most likely, head to one of the two bowl games with guaranteed bids for the MAC champion and runner up. If the Bobcats top the West Division champion in the Dec. 2, MAC championship game, they'll likely be headed to Mobile to face the Red Wolves (9-2, 7-0 Sun Belt). 

However, if Ohio falls in the MAC championship game, they'll most likely be headed back to to the Little Caesar's Bowl at Ford Field in Michigan (Where they lost to Marshall in 2009).

The last time Arkansas State appeared in a bowl was 2005 — when they played in the New Orleans bowl. Ohio, which will be making its third consecutive bowl appearance this year, fell to Troy in last year's New Orlean's bowl.

In the most recent ESPN.com bowl predictions, the website's analysts have Ohio facing Ohio State in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl or playing Utah State in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.