(via Bailee Moore)

With new EP, OU 'White Girl' blows up

Since taking the hip-hop world by storm last year with her “White Girl Raps Fast” YouTube video, Ohio University junior Bailee Moore’s life has been anything but calm.

“One thing that a lot of people don’t understand is that her schedule for every single weekend is planned out until summer,” said Matt Crumpton, the rapper’s manager and executive producer.

And that busy schedule promises to grow even more cluttered with the release of her latest EP Game Changer, which drops Tuesday.

“It’s definitely different than the stuff I have out now,” said Moore, who is studying marketing. “It’s not just about partying, but it’s still about what I’m doing right now in my life.”

Moore, an Amherst, Ohio, native known for her “party-girl image,” is looking to reshape her mold through her latest release with tracks that delve deeper than her debut “White Girl Raps Fast.”

These tracks include “Cut to the Chase,” an inspirational number exemplifying the “you can do anything” ideals of the #BeMoore brand. Other additions to the playlist include “Game Changer,” a love song, and “Mirror Mirror,” both of which have recently released music videos.

“It gets more into my life,” Moore said. “I made sure that all of the songs were songs that I would want to listen to.”

Crumpton added that though fans have few tracks on which they can base their expectations for the new EP, the collection could take Moore’s career in an entirely new direction if it is well-received.

“The EP has more in-depth content,” Crumpton said. “There are several songs that are more than, ‘Let’s just go out and have a good time.’ ”

The BeMoore team worked on the EP for more than seven months in between the musician’s 14 credit hours at OU, part-time job at Courtside Pizza, weekend tours and social life.

Moore has also taken the mic at several larger venues, including Cincinnati’s Fountain Square as well as 9Fest this past spring. She performed on the 9Fest stage with fellow rapper Erik Paul.

“It’s awesome because if anyone deserves it, it’s her,” Paul said in the spring of Moore’s rising stardom.  

And though her schedule sounds as hectic as it is, the artist plans to take on even more next semester with a full schedule of 20 credit hours while also creating more songs, working and touring.  

“It’s definitely difficult,” Moore said. “I always have to make sure I never fall behind in any of my work throughout the week. It’s hard to balance, but I definitely want a degree and to continue to pursue music, so I make it work.”

Crumpton added that the plan for the upcoming semester includes the possibility of another EP and a nationwide tour during the summer in hopes of signing with a major record label or collaborating with some big-name artists.

“It just depends on what happens with the EP,” Crumpton said. “I have the utmost confidence in Bailee. I don’t know what the future holds, but we will roll with the punches and, in the meantime, continue making music and see where it takes us.”

lf328610@ohiou.edu