12th Planet performs for 9Fest attendees last spring. (Greg Roberts | File Photo)

Spring fest dates announced, Number Fest rescheduled

Partiers at Ohio University can pencil in their weekend plans now that the full spring fest schedule, including the much-maligned Palmer Fest and Number Fest, has been released.

Shortly before a full list of fest dates was released, Wednesday Number Fest announced online that its 11th edition will take place April 13.

The year’s fest schedule runs from March to April and will include High Fest, Mill Fest and Palmer Fest.

Gabi Aziz, a sophomore studying psychology, said she was looking forward to the fest season after learning the dates.

Aziz said she was particularly excited about 11Fest.

“It is like a music festival, but in your own backyard,” she said. “I heard it is supposed to be bigger and better than 10Fest. I can’t wait.”

The 11th edition of Number Fest marks the second Number Fest of this academic year, following 10Fest in September.

The time slot was selected based on student input following concerns about the organization’s previously announced date, April 27, which would have occurred the weekend before finals week. It also allowed for more flexibility in scheduling performers, said Dominic Petrozzi, the fest’s founder.

Tickets will be on sale beginning Feb. 1 at $20 per ticket, with a special 24-hour discount. General admission will be available Feb. 4.

The event’s lineup will be announced at a later date, Petrozzi said. He added that the acts will be “extremely popular with the kids.”

“It is by far the biggest festival we’ve had,” Petrozzi said. “We’re really stoked for who is coming.”

With the schedule in place, Mackenzie Veith, a sophomore studying communications, said she is ready for the party to start.

“Being in a college atmosphere, everyone is your age, there are no adults or little kids, and everybody gets along with everybody,” she said. “The big crowds of people are fun.”

TO THE POINT:

High Fest

March 23

Milliron Fest

April 5

Mill Fest

April 6

11Fest

April 13

Palmer Place Fest

April 19

Palmer Fest

April 20

ds834910@ohiou.edu