Gamer Girl: New games provide exciting options this fall

Most ladies are excited about fall for the Pumpkin Spice Latte. I’m excited for fall because it’s the prime time for big video game releases.

The game I am most looking forward to this fall is Grand Theft Auto V, the newest installment of a series that began 16 years ago. This version seems particularly interesting to me, mainly because it features not one, not two, but three main protagonists that we’ll follow through the game, which I’m sure will take more than 40 hours of my time, if it’s anything like its predecessors.

The GTA V world of “Los Santos,” modeled after Los Angeles, will be even larger than the cities in the games before. It’ll feature an underwater world, which is speculated to comprise a third of the map, along with a military base and access to neighboring cities of Los Santos, including a rural countryside.

The coolest thing I’ve seen about this game was featured in one of the gameplay trailers. Certain missions allow you to play as all three characters. It showed one man flying a helicopter, one breaking into a building and another sniping from farther away. Unbelievable.

Having three characters will also allow for a crazy storyline, which has always been one of my favorite parts of any games.

GTA V will be released Sept. 17. You bet I’ll be at the midnight release next week — anyone else?

I’m also extremely excited for Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, which is scheduled to drop Oct. 29.

This edition of the series will feature something that makes me very excited to get the game: pirates.

The series has always done very well with incorporating a complex, futuristic game plot with a bulk of the game in historical settings.

I’ve always been a big pirate fan — I may or may not have been pretty obsessed with the Pirates of the Caribbean series when it was popular. The Assassin’s Creed series has had a few encounters with pirate scenes and I’m looking forward to seeing how the whole game will work with it.

All I know is it’ll sure have a lot of stealthy, swashbuckling scenes, and I can’t wait.

What would the video game season be without a new Call of Duty title? Call of Duty: Ghosts is set to be released Nov. 5.

I’ll admit, I’m pretty excited for this game because you can take command of a character’s dog during gameplay. I’m a dog lover, so getting to play as one in a video game is like a dream. I’m pretty scared of the pup’s fate though, especially after Marley & Me.

I’ve always been a fan of COD multiplayer and this doesn’t look any different. In the reveal trailer, it even ends with showing a woman as the main player. How cool!

It seems like there will be some new game modes, new guns and even better ways to customize your solider.

Sophie Kruse is a sophomore studying journalism. What games are you looking forward to this fall? Email her at sk139011@ohiou.edu.