Editor's Note: Flashback to the 90s

Bobcats, welcome to day two of Homecoming week and The Post’s throwback week. Today, we bring you the newspaper in the style of 1993.

Good. Allow the nostalgia to flow through you. The 90s are brimming with fond memories of our “good old days.” Years of Nickelodeon, Pokémon, Mary Kate and Ashley, the Chicago Bulls, boy bands, dial-up internet, the Oregon Trail and so much more seem universally shared with anyone who was raised during this decade.

Looking back at old editions of The Post, however, shows there was much more going on than just Air Jordans and Aladdin.

In 1994, Ohio University welcomed its 19th president, Robert Glidden, who led the university for ten years. Under his watch, the dorms first had cable television and plans for Baker University Center took shape.

The Oklahoma City Bombings, the Gulf War, “Don’t ask, don’t tell,” and the end of the Cold War all occurred during that decade. We all have fond memories of relatively inconsequential things, but we would do well to keep in mind that events in our lifetimes alone have changed the world.

So, sure, quote lines from Hey Arnold!, and never forget the horror of Furbies.

But always remember how we got where we are today.

As we inch closer to the Bobcats’ game against Central Michigan on Saturday, make sure to pick up The Post for more of our throwback week. Tomorrow’s edition will feature the styles of the 1970s.

Ryan Clark is the editor-in-chief of The Post. Email him at rc348710@ohiou.edu.