Editor's Note: Retro 'Post' designs return for the week

Welcome to Homecoming week, alumni and students alike.

Here’s to nostalgia for freshman year — whether that was only two years ago or 20. Here at The Post, we’re doing our part to bring back the memories by continuing the tradition of “throwback” front pages that was started last year.

Each day this week, the front page will be designed in the style of The Post from a different era. We begin today with a design from 2000 and will continue backward in time until Friday, which will feature a front like The Green & White.

Thirteen years ago, Robert Glidden was president of Ohio University and Bill Clinton still sat in the Oval Office. The PlayStation 2 debuted, Millennium Force opened at Cedar Point, and George Bush won Florida and the presidential election over Al Gore.

Looking back at headlines from The Post in the year 2000, many themes still ring true today. Greek life and club sports teams were investigated for hazing allegations, relations between campus and city were strained and the university’s budget was scrutinized.

As we continue Homecoming week, we’ll feature cartoons that take a look at some of the more comical, but (hopefully) still striking, relationships between then and now.

Throughout the decades it seems the struggles are mostly the same; fashion and technology are the only things much different. It really does seem like some things never change.

Stay tuned for tomorrow’s paper, in which we’ll take you back another decade to the time of our fondest childhood memories: the 1990s.

Ryan Clark is the editor-in-chief of The Post. Email him at rc348710@ohiou.