Homecoming Weekend is finally here, Bobcats

It’s finally here!

Well, almost. One more day until The Game.

But, until then, The Post’s final “throwback” edition is finally here to dull the pain. Today’s front page goes way back into our roots, when the daily newspaper was called The Green and White.

First though, I must admit I incorrectly named the Bobcats’ opponent in yesterday’s column. We will surely defeat Central Michigan Saturday. Mea culpa.

Anyway, today’s front page is inspired by the newspaper reporting the 1934 death of Ohio University’s 11th president, Elmer Burritt Bryan. The newspaper hangs in the lobby of our newsroom with many other Post front pages that reported landmark events throughout the past century.

Fortunately, we have a much more cheerful reason to use a big, bold headline on our front page. On behalf of The Post, I would like to welcome all of OU’s alumni who have made the trek back to campus.

The university has pulled out all the stops for your arrival. About $39,000 came out of the General Fund, and the university’s Alumni Association budgeted about $38,000 for the festivities (more information on that is on our front page).

Everyone should, of course, come watch the Homecoming Parade at 10 a.m. Saturday. The parade route is the same as last year, in case you were wondering (again, there’s more about that on the front).

A special welcome to this year’s graduates of the class of 1963, which “turns 50” this year. We’re glad to have you back (yes, again, look at front).

And, of course, the highlight of the weekend: the Homecoming football game. Be sure to check out “The Huddle” on pages 9 and 10 for a crazily in-depth look at Ohio football.

Our sports reporters have worked hard to bring you features, a game preview, the important jerseys to watch and even a few words from the beat reporter of the Central Michigan Life, our opponent’s student newspaper. Also look for our Staff Picks, including a few picks from Ohio alumni. Then let us know your own pick for Saturday’s game.

I think I’ve made it clear who I think will take home the win. And, no, it’s not Eastern Michigan. Again, I apologize — I had misplaced my compass yesterday.

I mean, after all, it doesn’t matter who is on the other side of the field. Right?

Go Bobcats.

Ryan Clark is the Editor-In-Chief of The Post. Email him at rc348710@ohiou.edu.