Beauty and the Bobcat: Liquid liner, bamboo brush are winter musts

Our columnist adds two products from Tarte, carried at Sephora, to her makeup bag.

Welcome back, beauty ’Cats! One of my favorite things about coming back to school for the new semester is being able to wear all my new clothes and use all my new makeup. What is better than that? This holiday season was a successful one in regard to gifts I received and purchases I made. After all, I am a firm believer in the “treat yo’ self” lifestyle. I was able to pick up all sorts of new products to try out, and now I am so excited to share them with you!

Being in a hurry to get home for break, I mistakenly left behind my coveted Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner. However, that meant I had to buy a new one, and I am never one to turn down a trip to Sephora.

Much to my dismay, Sephora was all out of the liner, leaving me to search for a similar product. I walked around to every brand’s section and drew lines on the back of my hands with each of their liquid liners. Eventually, a worried Sephora employee saw me and decided it might be a good idea to check on me. She totally understood my desperate search for a replacement, and was able to point me in the direction of one that satisfied her withdrawal when she was in the same situation: the MultiplEYE Lash Enhancing Liquid Liner by Tarte.

According to the website, Tarte says that this bold liner is “deeply pigmented” and delivers “lash-enhancing HydroPlant peptide,” which is supposed to make your lashes grow.  Admittedly, the latter sounds scary and I almost didn’t purchase the product for that reason, but I was desperate and the Sephora employee seemed to swear by it. Over the past month I have really loved this eyeliner and, while I haven’t witnessed any growth in my lashes, it is indeed a perfect replacement for the Stila liner.

While I was in the Tarte section of Sephora, the saleswoman also recommended that I try Tarte’s Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush. At $32 for a single brush, it was a little out of my price range, but I’ve always had my eye on it and I had some extra money from the holidays so I splurged. My newfound Sephora-employee friend told me that the brush was a staple in her makeup collection and that it would make me fall in love with my foundation all over again. It did. Believe me when I tell you that this brush is the best thing that has ever happened to me. The brush’s fluffy yet dense bristles provide a beautiful airbrush-like finish, just like the name boasts. It blends liquid foundation flawlessly and even applies powder just as well. This tool is undoubtedly my favorite beauty purchase, and I highly recommend it.

These are just a few products I have loved over winter break, and almost nothing makes me happier than expanding my makeup collection. I am really happy that I was able to find products that I truly enjoy using. Look forward to more product reviews and style trends weekly this semester.

Taylor LaPuma is a junior studying journalism and assistant copy chief of The Post. What beauty products did you discover over winter break? Email Taylor at tl674710@ohiou.edu.