Men's Basketball: Ohio vs. Bowling Green in-game notes

FIRST HALF

At the end of the first half, the Bobcats held a slim 33-30 lead at the Convocations Center over Bowling Green.

The Falcons struggled to gain any offensive consistency early in the first half as they missed several open looks. Ohio countered with 5-11 shooting to open the half as they raced out to a 15-6 lead. Bobcats junior forward Maurice Ndour knocked down two early triples that added to their offensive momentum. Senior forward T.J. Hall led the Bobcats with eight points.

Although Ohio opened the first half strong, their momentum quickly eroded as Bowling Green clawed their way back into the game as they tied the score at 18 points with 8:00 remaining in the first half. Ohio becae careless with the ball, as evidence by their eight turnovers in the first half, and Bowling Green capitalized on the Bobcats miscues as they scored 13 points off turnovers.

Bowling Green then proceeded to take a 23-21 lead following a three pointer from junior guard Damarkeo Lyshe. Ohio quickly countered with a basket by senior guard Nick Kellogg to tie the score at 23. Both teams traded baskets until the end of the half as Ohio entered halftime with a slim lead.

Halftime: Ohio 33, BGSU 30

Second Half

Although Ohio clung to a halftime lead, they could not hold on in the second half as they fell to Bowling Green 58-56.  The loss snapped a two game winning streak for the Bobcats. The Falcons were led by sophomore forward Spencer Parker with 16 points.

After halftime, the Falcons started well and proceeded to take a four point lead, 46-42 with 10:21 minutes remaining in the second half.

Kellogg hit a crucial three-pointer for the Bobcats with 7:17 remaining in the game to cut the Falcons lead to 48-46. Ndour then tied the score at 50 apiece with 5:00 remaining in the contest.  After a string of four points by the Falcons, Ohio had a chance to take the lead with 2:26 remaining but Stevie Taylor’s pass was intercepted and Hall missed a three-point attempt on the Bobcats next possession.

With Ohio down by five points after the Bobcats turnovers, Hall hit a three-pointer with 58.3 to cut the Falcons lead to 58-56. 

The Bobcats had a chance to take the lead after a missed free throw by junior guard Jehvon Clarke with 18 seconds left in the game. The Bobcats had the ball for the last possession, and Kellogg’s late three-point attempt rimmed out just before the final buzzer sounded.

Final: Ohio 58, BGSU 56

Box Score

Ohio

T.J. Hall: 15 points, four rebounds.

Maurice Ndour: 12 points, eight rebounds, three assists.

Nick Kellogg: 12 points, three assists.

Travis Wilkins: Eight points, two rebounds.

Stevie Taylor: Seven points, four rebounds, three assists.

BGSU

Spencer Parker: 16 points, six rebounds.

Jehvon Clarke: 15 points, four assists, two rebounds.

Richaun Holmes: 12 points, five rebounds, two assists.

Cameron Black: Seven points, six rebounds.

Anthony Henderson: Five points, five rebounds.