Editorial: Editor's talk will appeal to everyone, not just journalists

The Post is extremely excited to host Greg Moore during his visit to Ohio University.

For those unaware, Moore has been the editor of the Denver Post since 2002 and was elected to the Pulitzer Prize board in 2004. So he knows a little something about journalism.

We could continue to list his accomplishments, but there’s more to his visit than simply his resume.

Moore seeks excellence but does not simply wait for it to fall in his lap. He seeks out talented individuals, empowers them and pushes them to succeed. During a few conversations with him, it is apparent he values the opinions of others and tries to make those voices improve the work he does.

Journalism, especially print journalism, is in a state of flux. It will be forced to undergo a metamorphosis; technology is as much its killer as it will prove to be its savior.

Moore understands that. People want their information, but the way they want it is changing. Journalism must shift with that change, and those who are open and willing to innovate around that change will succeed.

That notion is true of everyone and of all businesses. The times are always a-changin’. So, for those reasons, we believe Moore’s talk will be beneficial to all who attend.

His message, we expect, will not be narrow or applicable only to those in journalism or even in media. Come out for the free event Monday at 7 p.m. in Baker Theatre, and we guarantee you’ll learn something.

Oh, and we must thank Justice Hill, Bob Stewart and the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism for making the visit possible. It’s a great opportunity.

Editorials represent the majority opinion of The Post’s executive editors.