Wormz and the Decomposers

Trio to put on local, folksy show

Athens band Wormz and the Decomposers look forward to playing a family friendly show.

Known for its folksy, lighthearted melodies, the trio of local musicians Wormz and the Decomposers are rocking its way to environmental support with ARTS/West on Saturday.

Performing under the ARTS/West Presents program, the show has been something that lead band member Megan Wormz Bihn wanted to work into its schedule, despite the group’s busy tour.

“This is a local band that was started in the area that has gotten really good,” said Chelsea Peterson, program specialist for ARTS/West. “They wanted a place where they could perform for the local area. Here at ARTS/West, as long as it has something that will enhance the community in a meaningful, artistic way, we will promote.”

Brewed in Athens, the band — composed of front woman Bihn, mandolin player •Adam Graham and bassist and keyboardist •Dawn Graham — has been writing and performing since 2006. The group’s EP Little Birdie was released in the summer of 2011, while its first album Grow kickstarted last year and was released in the summer of 2013.

“It’s great to be here,” Bihn said. “Athens has been my home base for a while.”

It was not too long after the show was announced that an opening act, The Corbin Marsh Band, was added to the bill.

“We are going to be showcasing some new songs and working with a different style and a different lineup,” said Corbin Marsh, frontman for the band.

Doors will open at 7 p.m., but the music will not start until 7:30 p.m. Following this show, Wormz will perform in Shawnee State Park during Wild Edible Weekend on Sept. 13 at 7 p.m.

ARTS/West hopes people bring everyone — young and old— to the show.

“What people should know is that they have a local, rock flavor to them and that they are family friendly,” Peterson said. “That is very important. Families are encouraged to bring their families along. We have a staff member who will be bringing her children, and we are very happy to bringing a local band to our stage.”

wa054010@ohio.edu