Quentin Poling

Football: Quentin Poling named MAC East Defensive Player of the Week

For the second consecutive week, and Ohio player has been named a Mid-American Conference player of the week.

After limiting Kentucky to just six points following the first two drives on Saturday, Bobcat linebacker Quentin Poling was named the MAC East Defensive Player of the Week.

Poling, a redshirt freshman out of Spencerville, recorded a career-high 10 tackles, along with a game-high two sacks and two and a half tackles for loss against the Wildcats. This included a key sack on Kentucky quarterback Patrick Towles on a third-and-goal from Ohio’s three yard line.

Following the loss in Kentucky, coach Frank Solich spoke highly about the growth and comfort of the youngster.

"He's growing into it very well, he's a very smart football player, a physical football player who really runs well,” Solich said. “So he'll just keep on getting better and better as the season goes along."

Ohio’s defense held Kentucky’s offense to just 215 yards of offense during the final three quarters after the Wildcats racked up 155 during the first two drives in Ohio’s 20-3 loss at Kentucky.