Editorial: ‘The Post’ gears up for nearing Halloween festivities

Athens’ annual Halloween Block Party is only a day away, and we’re excited to kick off the celebration.

With that feeling in mind, we’ve focused much of today’s Post content on the annual end-of-October bash. While we realize the last thing you’re looking for before heading out the door is some required reading, today’s Post stories cover everything you need to know before making your way Uptown.

Our stories cover how local law enforcement is keeping the uptown area safe, why your cell phone won’t be working Saturday night and the sanitation concerns resulting from the influx of visitors. That’s in addition to our performance schedule and annual rundown of how Ohio University deals with underage consumption violations.

As we’ve said before, the party is a great time, but it’s important to take extra precautions to make sure you stay safe. 

We’ll be out Saturday night to chronicle the block party, uploading slices of Athens to our website and social media feeds for the world to see. Follow our live coverage on Twitter (@ThePost), Instagram (@ThePostPhoto) and Facebook (ThePostAthens).

All the while, please consider that you don’t want to do something this weekend that will make the wrong kind of headlines. We don’t want to put you on our front page for doing something you’ll come to regret.

And, no, we can’t remove the story from our website 10 years from now when you land that big job interview.

Have a happy block party, Bobcats.

Editorials represent the majority opinion of The Post’s executive editors.