Food theft, arson and stabbing crimes of the month

Food theft, arson and stabbing make the Athens County Crime Solvers Anonymous Crimes of the Month.

Law enforcement officers throughout Athens County are looking for any information involving four major crimes that took place over the past few months.

Two of the crimes have been listed as Athens County Crime Solvers Anonymous Crimes of the Month at least twice. The alleged perpetrators remain at large.

According to a news release from the group, one of those crimes involves illegally obtained meat and food products from Tammy’s Country Kitchen in Nelsonville. The other concerns a stabbing that reportedly took place in the county over the summer.

On July 10, a stabbing took place in Athens County, according to the release. Athens County Interim Replacement Sheriff Rodney Smith’s Office is searching for Jerry L. Noble in connection with the attack. He is a 42-year-old white man and is 5 feet 3 inches tall with blonde hair and blue eyes.

The previous month, two male suspects took a large amount of meat and other food products from an outdoor refrigerator at Tammy’s Country Kitchen, a business located at 240 Jefferson St. in Nelsonville on June 26 at about 5 a.m., according to the release.

Nelsonville Police haven’t been able to find the two men since the incident.

That isn’t the only food-related thievery to remain unsolved in the county.

More than $20,000 worth of commercial food preparation equipment was stolen in mid-August from the Appalachian Center for Economic Networks, 94 Columbus Rd., in Athens, according to the release.

Between the afternoon of Aug. 13 and the morning of Aug. 14, the release said, three pieces of cooking equipment from ACEnet were stolen after offenders illegally entered the building.

The pieces of equipment were two kettles and one cutter/mixer.

The fourth crime of the month stemmed from a series of dumpster fires Uptown.

On Sept. 1 at about 3 a.m., the report said, the Athens Police and Fire Departments responded to four intentionally-set fires Uptown.

The first three arson cases, according to the release, all involved dumpster fires that caused minimal property damage to the surrounding area.

The fourth fire happened next to 1 S. Congress St., where a mattress was set aflame.

All of the fires were extinguished quickly and no one was harmed.

jf311013@ohio.edu