The Bobcats finished in second-place at the Lady Colonel Classic.

Women's Golf: Bobcats hit the links for final time this fall

The Bobcats are set to begin their final tournament of the fall season Monday in the Rocket Classic

After being washed away last week in Maineville, Ohio, the Bobcats women’s golfers hope for better weather and a better spot on the final leaderboard at their final tournament of the fall season.

The Bobcats finished 12th out 16 teams at the Bearcat Classic last week, which was shortened to one round of 18 holes as opposed to the scheduled 54.

Ohio heads into its final tournament Monday with three top 10 finishes in their five previous competitions, as well as six top 10 individual finishes.

The Bobcats will head to the shores of Lake Erie for the 2014 Rocket Classic, hosted by Toledo. The field will consist of 12 teams, five of them being Mid-American Conference schools Akron, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Toledo and Western Michigan.

The remaining six teams include Bucknell, Cleveland State, Detroit, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, Loyola (Illinois), Valparaiso and Western Illinois.

The Rocket Classic spans two days and 54 holes at the Catawba Island Club in Port Clinton, Ohio. The Catawba Island Club’s course is 6,700 yards from it’s deepest tees and has quick greens that will require precision in the short game.  

The course also features a handful of water hazards that will keep the Bobcats on their toes off the tees. However, the weather that plagued the Bobcats last week at the Golden Grizzly could return as the forecast calls for at least a 50 percent chance of rain on both days of competition.

Last year during the tournament, Ohio took home an eighth place finish after shooting a three-day total of 952 for 88 strokes over par. Junior Angela Codian found her way into the top 10 individual standings after carding a three-round total of 230 for 14 strokes over par and finished in eighth place.

In what was a strong fall for the Bobcats, including their first tournament win since 2004, the team will head to the links one final time.

@PaulHolden33

ph553412@ohio.edu