Women's Golf: Ohio heads to Bearcat Classic

The Bobcats, who are fresh off their week of rest and first tournament win in ten years, head off to compete in the Bearcat Classic.

Ohio is fresh off their week of rest and will head to Maineville, Ohio, Monday to play 36 holes at the Bearcat Classic. The tournament is hosted by Cincinnati and is a three-round, 54-hole contest over two days.

The Bearcat Classic takes place at the TPC River’s Bend, a course named one of the top ten private courses when it debuted in 2002. The TPC River’s Bend was designed by Arnold Palmer and features a par-72 course that spans 6,168 yards. The course features many water hazards near greens that could prove problematic if competitors are not careful with their approach game.

The Bobcats will face 14 teams this week including three Mid-American Conference rivals. The field includes: Ball State, Bowling Green, Bradley, Cincinnati, Dayton, Eastern Kentucky, Memphis, Morehead State, Murray State, Southern Mississippi, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Wofford and Xavier.

This will be the Bobcats’ first competition since the team took home first place at the Golden Grizzly Invitational. Ohio had three individuals finish in the top 10 of the tournament and  two more in the top 20. It was the team’s first tournament win in ten years.

Ohio is also fresh off of a much needed week away from competition. The Bobcats played in two events within four days of one another and traveled over 1,000 miles in that span.

After sealing that tournament, the Bobcats have continued to attack life on the road head on and with success.

The Bearcat Classic will tee off on 8:30 a.m. on Monday.

@PaulHolden33

ph553412@ohio.edu