Editorial: The Post highly encourages Ohio University students to vote during elections

Cast your ballots tomorrow, Bobcats.

We’ve said this before, so we’ll keep it brief this time around: Please take the time to vote in Tuesday’s midterm elections.

The student vote is an important one, and Ohio University students have historically been underrepresented at the polls. Only 62 of the 7,876 people registered to vote on campus did so last November, according to The Post’s election preview.

We would like to see that figure improve (a lot) this time around. Quite frankly, it gets old wearing out the “students aren’t informed” refrain.

The polls open at 6:30 a.m. and stay open until 7:30 p.m. If you’re registered to vote, we’re confident you can find the time to head to your polling station.

(Nearby stations are located Uptown and in Baker University Center, Jefferson Hall and the Innovation Center. You can figure out which location you should attend by visiting athensboardofelections.com and using the “Am I Registered?” tool.)

Be sure to follow @ThePost and @ThePostLocal on Twitter for election results as they become clear. Our reporters will be out and about with the candidates to gather their reactions to the results. We’ll have everything covered at www.thepostathens.com and in Wednesday’s paper as well.

Cast your ballots tomorrow, Bobcats.

Editorials represent the majority opinion of The Post’s executive editors.