OUSAP hires Delaney Anderson as program coordinator

This week marks the first time the Ohio University Survivor Advocacy Program has had a programming coordinator since August.
This isn’t to say the program has gone unguided before Delaney Anderson stepped in. Bill Arnold, graduate assistant for bystander intervention and prevention education, stepped up as acting program coordinator to keep the program on track.

After a lengthy search process, Anderson was chosen from a final pool of three applicants and will make $36,500 annually.

Anderson will coordinate the functions of OUSAP, which provides resources and support to survivors of sexual assault. This includes overseeing crisis line workers, providing educational events and programming, training advocates and working with clients.

“I am really excited to learn more about both Ohio University and OUSAP,” Anderson said in an email. “There seem to be great relationships between OUSAP and other campus resources and I look forward to meeting everyone and continuing to build those connections.”

Arnold said he’s looking forward to working with Anderson and appreciates that she’s optimistic and enthusiastic.

“The work we do is really hard and it weighs heavily upon you, and I think it’s important to balance it with that kind of energy,” he said.

Delaney graduated from Florida State University’s Masters of Social Work Program. She worked there as a victim advocate and at the State Attorney’s Office.

“She fills an empty position that is central to the operation of the program,” Dietzel said. “She went through a rigorous search process and turned out to be the most qualified candidate so I have full faith in her that she will be a great leader of our program. Her prior experience and training uniquely qualify her for this position.”

Anderson started work on Monday.

“Advocacy for survivors is essential and I am excited to bring my passion and dedication to advocacy to this program,” Anderson said.

@reb_barnes

rb605712@ohio.edu