Jackie O's Pub & Brewery is just one of the Uptown bars that will host New Year's Eve celebrations.

Bars in Athens prepare for New Year's Eve celebrations

The bar scene is one of the easiest ways for students to come back to campus and celebrate the new year.

Whether students have a favorite bar, or they plan to hop around, some establishments in Athens anticipate students returning to town as students wait for the ball to drop on New Year’s Eve.

Here are some drink specials and entertainment at designated bars:  

Jackie O's Pub & Brewery, 24 W. Union St., will have its New Year’s Eve with DJ Barticus starting at 9:30 p.m. The bash will continue with a champagne toast at midnight.

The bar also has a regular Wednesday special with $2.00 well drinks which will occur on New Year’s Eve, as well as $2.00 signature ales.

For those who want to spice it up their style for the new year, Casa Nueva, 4 W. State St., is having a themed event.

“It is is our Hatter’s Ball, if you wear a fun or crazy hat, you get a dollar off your cover,” said Danni Joy, a server and worker-owner.

The band Mrs. Helen Highwater is playing at 10 p.m., then following the act will be the band dadARM.

For an early start on New Year’s Eve, The Fluff, 8 N. Court St, will be hosting a New Year’s Eve dinner and cocktail party from 5 to10 p.m. There will be Thai-inspired dinner specials, and plenty of Fluff desserts to go with cocktails they will serve.

At Lucky's Sports Tavern, 11 N. Court St., New Year’s Eve also falls on Liquor Pitcher night.

Alex Exum, a bartender at Lucky’s, said the liquor pitchers range from $5.00 to $6.50 on liquor pitcher nights.

There are also other specials in effect that night, he added.

“We have our happy hour till 9 p.m. We will have champagne. People will be able to purchase whole bottles of champagne for the new year,” Exum said.

The Pigskin Sports Bar and Grill on 38 N. Court St., will also be having champagne as they do for every new year.

Buffalo Wild Wings, 23 W. Union St., do not have drink specials for the new year, but have something for college football and Ohio pride.

On New Years day, Buffalo Wild Wings is celebrating the OSU-Alabama game with collectible 15 oz. plastic beer cups. Their beer of the month in January is MillerCoors.

Tony's Tavern, 7 W. State St., will have champagne as well as specials on Jell-O shots and $2.75 Long Island iced teas.

@mini_fezz

mf736213@ohio.edu