Graduate theater students are holding a winter bazaar Saturday

The Theater Association for Graduate Students is hosting a Winter Bazaar Saturday in Kantner for crafts, knick knacks, jewelry and clothes.

Gift shoppers don’t have to wait until the few days before the holidays to purchase something for their special someone.

The Theater Association for Graduate Students is hosting a Winter Bazaar on Saturday in the lobby of Kantner Hall and in Kantner 108, a conference room just off the lobby.

It’s part indie craft market where people can purchase ready-make things from vendors and part flea market, said Alycia Kunkle, a third-year graduate actor and vice president of TAGS. Baked goods will also be available.

“I know we have a lot of young entrepreneurs, so I thought this would be a helpful way to bring everyone together and create an opportunity to share whatever they’re making,” she said. “I often feel creative people like to channel their creativity in a different way than what they normally do.”

Some vendors had to drop out due to conflicting rehearsal times, so as of press time, nine different tables were registered. Products include clothes, knick knacks, crafts, TERRA essential oils and jewelry from Chloe + Isabel.

Third-year graduate actors Rachel Mock and Kat Bramley are merchandisers for Chloe + Isabel. Mock and Bramley get 20 percent to 30 percent commission on what people buy. Bramley said they will bring about 30 to 40 pieces to the bazaar. 

“I like the jewelry because there’s something for everyone,” Bramley said. “I can find something for whatever mood I’m in or whatever I’m wearing.”

Many earrings are in the $20 range and some bracelets can get up to the $40 mark. Bramely said the most expensive statement piece necklace is about $150. All of the jewelry comes with a lifetime guarantee where if anything ever happens to it, it can be sent in and replaced for free.

“The Chloe style is more eclectic and young and into the current trend,” she said. “Isabel is more classic like something at J-Crew or Banana Republic.”

Kunkle said she is really excited to see who comes to the event.

“I think any way we can interact with the community and in some way encourage people to support the arts in whatever small way, if we strike up conversation they’ll be more inclined to see a show or catch a (Midnight) Madness,” she said. “Anything that can open up dialogue and make us as a theater organization and division more prominent in the community.”

@buzzlightmeryl

mg986611@ohio.edu