Quentin Poling

Ohio football player arrested, charged after altercation outside of Courtside

Quentin Poling, a redshirt freshman linebacker for the Bobcats, was arrested and charged Sunday morning by the Athens Police Department after an altercation outside of Courtside Pizza.

The Athens Police Department issued a report Sunday reading that Ohio University football player Quentin Poling, and one other man, Jeffrey Stein, had been arrested earlier that morning following an altercation outside of Courtside Pizza, 85 N. Court St.

The report said that while APD officers were on patrol, they observed a large crowd gathering outside Courtside and there appeared to be a fight starting around 2 a.m. Sunday morning.

When the officers stopped, a man attempted to leave the area and was found to be underage. The report did not name which man that was.

When questioning that man, officers observed another man, who was “obviously intoxicated,” attempting to enter Courtside Pizza without a shirt on. He was later identified as being involved in the fight.

Both Poling and Stein were transported to APD and charges were filed, the report said. It is currently unclear what those charges were.

Representatives with Ohio Athletics declined to comment on the police report as the department “gathers facts.”

Poling is a redshirt freshman linebacker from Spencerville, Ohio who played in each of the Bobcats’ 12 games in 2014. He led the Bobcats with 89 tackles and five sacks.

@eockerman

eo300813@ohio.edu