Max Reichert, a sophomore majoring in marketing demonstrates how to share the #13FEST lineup on social media to Ari Blumer, a freshman studying engineering phsyics in order to be entered into a raffle for free tickets during the lineup announcement event. 

ScHoolboy Q and DIPLO to co-headline 13Fest

DIPLO and ScHoolboy Q are co-headlining the 13th edition of Number Fest and are set to take the stage with 19 other acts. 

Other artists include G-Eazy, iLoveMakonnen, Borgeous and Branchez.

"We really wanted to have a focus on an eclectic lineup that provided not only regional names and local names but some of the best national talent out there," said Dominic Petrozzi, founder of the festival.

13Fest is taking place April 18 at The Venue, 8003 W. Union Street. Early Bird tickets are sold out. General admission tickets start at $40 and $65 for VIP.

"I think it will surpass our largest attendance record," Petrozzi said. "I can't really gauge how many but we will establish a sell-out number in upcoming weeks, which is the first time we've ever done that."

A cap will be put on the number of tickets sold so it does not get too out of hand, which Petrozzi said is the first time they've had to do that.

DIPLO is a DJ and producer, known for the song “Revolution.” ScHoolboy Q’s latest album “Oxymoron” was released February of last year ad contains the singles “Studio” and “Man of the Year.”

G-Eazy has sold out shows across the country and his album “These Things Happen” peaked at number three on the Billboard 200 charts. Hip-hop artist iLoveMakonnen became known in 2014 after Drake remixed his song “Tuesday.”

Number Fest held a "release party" to start at 2 p.m. at Courtside Pizza, 85 N. Court St., even though the lineup was released through Number Fest social media at 1:30 p.m.

Erica Fog, a senior studying nursing said she wanted to come to Courtside to find out first, but is still looking forward to the lineup.

“I’m excited. This is my senior year and it’s the best lineup yet,” Fog said. She also bought her ticket for $25 back in October.

G-Eazy seemed to be a popular act amongst students at Courtside.

“I’m obsessed with G-Eazy,” said Kendall Bachinski, sophomore studying fashion merchandising. “I was fan-girling ... and he’s pretty cute. ... I’m looking forward to it.”

However, some individuals are not as impressed. Michael McHenry, a junior studying communications said he is more impressed with names like Waka Flocka Flame, who is performing during Sibs Weekend, and Juicy J, who is performing at Independent Fest.

“Last year was a little bit better,” said Wyatt Krizman, a junior studying strategic communications.

13Fest is adding a second stage this year presented by Columbus-based group AnimalXHouse. 

Last years #Fest included Wiz Khalifa, who performed in Athens prior in the spring of 2012 for the Convocation Show. Other artists were trap artists Carnage and GRiZ and some Athens talent, such as DJ Loco. There were over 18,000 to attend 12Fest last year, which makes 13Fest intended to be even bigger.

The original #Fest was founded in 2004 by Petrozzi, now director of the festival operations at Prime Social Group, and has since grown into the biggest collegiate music festival in the United States, according to a press release. The festival is BYOB.

Halftime Fest, a subset of #Fest, took place in fall of 2013 but only 4,000 showed up to see Hoodie Allen and others. Another Halftime Fest is not being planned according to Petrozzi in a previous Post article.

"Overall, the top-to-bottom lineup we're presenting (for 13Fest) brings a lot of excitement not only to students and fans, but also as producers of the event," Petrozzi said. "It's definitely a top-tier, world-class lineup."

Joey Monda, a sophomore studying engineering technology management, said he's happy with the lineup this year for 13Fest.

“I had high expectations going into this,” Monda. “It’s meeting my expectations. I’m waiting for the concert to see if it will exceed them.”

@reb_barnes

rb605712@ohio.edu

@lizb143

eb823313@ohio.edu