Answer a ‘Post’ survey for a chance to win free burritos

If you're selected for The Post's random survey you could win a free Big Mamma's Burrito. 

You might find an unusual email from The Post in your inbox this week.

We recently put the finishing touches on a survey that asks students about their news consumption habits, experience at Ohio University and how The Post can be a better resource for readers. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes, and each response will be greatly helpful for us here at The Post.

Exciting, right? Not so much. We get it. Surveys aren’t any fun unless you have a chance to win something in return. So we’ve included a stack of $20 Big Mamma’s Burritos gift cards that will be given away to a lucky set of students who complete the list of questions.

The survey will be randomly distributed to 7,000 OU students via their ohio.edu email addresses. It was written by Ryan Clark, last year’s Post editor-in-chief; Hans Meyer, a Post Publishing Board member; a small team of graduate students working with Meyer; and Jim Ryan, the current editor-in-chief.

The survey was the initial brainchild of Clark and Meyer, who is also an E.W. Scripps School of Journalism faculty member. We’re glad to see their efforts come to fruition.

Our attempt at a reader survey last semester garnered more spam than suggestions. This one is much better organized.

We hope to gain a better understanding of how and why students read The Post; where students turn for campus, local and world news; how satisfied students are with the university; and several other subjects. In return, respondents get a chance to win $20 worth of burritos. That’s a pretty good deal for everyone involved.

Editorials represent the majority opinion of The Post's executive editors: editor-in-chief Jim Ryan, managing editor Sara Jerde, opinion editor Xander Zellner and projects editor Allan Smith. Post editorials are independent of the publication's news coverage.