People trudge across the snow-covered sidewalks and streets outside Schoonover Center and Bryan Hall. 

Editorial: ‘Post’ prints despite snow day

This is why The Post has decided to print a paper during the snow day. 

The Post will print every day Ohio University classes are in session. At least, that’s what our mission statement says.

So why did we decide to print on a day when classes are cancelled?

First and foremost, we’re printing because it’s what’s our readers expect from us. We take pride in the fact that folks can find The Post on newsstands on campus and in Athens pretty much every weekday. Some extra snow and chilly temperatures shouldn’t change that.

We did, however, choose to make a couple changes to where we’re delivering newspapers. Because many university buildings won’t be in use Thursday, we’ve chosen to only deliver to on-campus locations that will have usual student traffic.

On campus, you can find The Post in Alden Library, Baker Center and Nelson Commons. Our regular off-campus distribution points will not be affected by the one-day change.

Readers braving the bitter temperatures will find a newspaper featuring weather coverage, basketball recaps and continued coverage of Monday’s controversial George Washington Forum.

Readers who are tucked away in bed watching Netflix (via an ex’s account, no less) will be able to access that same coverage online at thepostathens.com. While they’re there, they can find additional online features, such as news and opinion content focused on Sunday’s Academy Awards.

We’ll keep you updated on everything regarding Athens weather on social media as well. Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for the very latest.

As we wrote during last January’s snow days: Campus might be closed, but the presses still run.

Enjoy your snow day, Bobcats. 

Editorials represent the majority opinion of ThePost's executive editors: editor-in-chief Jim Ryan, managing editor Sara Jerde, opinion editor Xander Zellner and projects editor Allan Smith. Post editorials are independent of the publication's news coverage.