A person crosses the snow-covered intersection of Washington and Court Streets. 

Editorial: 'Post' staffers reflect on the first big snow on campus this year

The editorial staff went around the newsroom and asked writers and editors to reflect on the snow. 

Icy temperatures and several inches of snow are the talk of the town early this week, inspiring Instagrammers across campus to capture the beauty of Ohio University cloaked in white.

We went around the newsroom and collected our favorite anecdotes from the first big snow on campus this year:

“I witnessed, for the first time, a Baker Center employee mopping a floor mat,” — Haylee Pearl

“I panicked and almost fell. I’ve never seen snow more than one or two inches... when we see snow in Alabama we just panic and stay inside.” — Emily Bohatch

“I’m used to snow, but not this much in Athens. Walking up the hills in the snow was not fun.” — Megan Henry

“I didn’t fall on my tailbone or end up in the ER again. The pretty snow didn’t last long.” — Olivia Hitchcock

“I was able to park at Ping even though you’re not supposed to (without a parking pass). The snow covered the windshield so you couldn’t see that I didn’t have a tag. It was cold as hell.” — William Hoffman

“I wore my sneakers so I was sliding around all over the place, and I didn’t need a scarf since I have a beard.” — Luke Furman

“I was just looking at my feet the whole time to make sure I didn’t fall.” — Jacob DeSmit

“I’ve been locked in here (The Post newsroom) all day.” —Dina Berliner

“I had to run in the snow because my roommate was taking an exam and needed this ticket thing so I had to give it to her. I fell and now I’ve got two scabs on my knees.” — Emma Ockerman

“The brownish snow looks like cookie dough.” — Alex Meyer

“I saw a guy slide for probably 10 feet on West Green, and he saved it. I clapped in my head.” — Jeremy Hill

We hope your Monday was as memorable as ours. Stay warm out there, Bobcats.

Editorials represent the majority opinion of The Post's executive editors: editor-in-chief Jim Ryan, managing editor Sara Jerde, opinion editor Xander Zellner and projects editor Allan Smith. Post editorials are independent of the publication's news coverage.