Ohio swimmers cheer on their teammate Bianca Hauzer as she completes the final lap of the 1000 yard freestyle during the Ohio vs. Miami swim meet on February 8, 2015. Ohio lost to Miami with a final score of 172-126. 

Ohio sets new record, ends day one in fourth

After the first day of competition at the Mid-American Conference Championships the Bobcats sit in fourth place and set a new Ohio school record. 

Following the first day of the Mid-American Conference championship in Ypsilanti, Michigan, Ohio currently sits in a four-way tie for fourth place out of a field of eight.  

Two events took place on Wednesday night, the 200-yard medley relay and the 800-yard freestyle relay. The quartet of junior Addison Ferguson, senior Tori Bagan, sophomore Laura Dawson, and junior Haley Clark took silver in the 200-yard medley relay with a time of 1:39.71. The quad was less than a second away from first place Akron and set a new Ohio school record for the event.   

In the second and final event of the night, the Bobcats would finish in fifth place. Dawson, sophomore Josie Barker, freshman Katie Lemen and redshirt junior Bianca Hauzer finished the relay with a time of 7:21.74.

Ohio will be back in the pool at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday for the second day of competition.  

@PaulHolden33

ph553412@ohio.edu