Ohio University senior forward Maurice Ndour sizes up University of Toledo sophomore guard Jordan Lauf during the first half of play. The Bobcats fell to the Rockets 80-73 in the Convocation Center in Athens, Ohio, on Wednesday, January 14, 2015.

Ohio vs. Akron

A live notebook of Ohio's mid-week matchup with Akron in The Convo.

FINAL

Akron                 82      

OHIO                 83       

Top Performers

Akron

Points: Ibitayo — 21

Rebounds: Cheatham — 6

Assists: Robotham — 4

Foul trouble: Forsythe — 4, Kretzer — 3

OHIO

Points: Willis — 31

Rebounds: Willis — 7

Assists: Willis — 5

Foul trouble: Setty — 3, Laster — 3

Second Half

1:06: OHIO 81, Akron 76

This one's not over quite yet. Another 3-pointer from Akron puts the 'Cats' lead at just five. It will be interesting to see how quick the Zips foul, just two fouls away from the double bonus.

3:54: OHIO 79, Akron 71

Bean Willis has sent The Convo into a frenzy. 17 straight points from him, and Ohio's 19-6 run puts it on top.

8:22: Akron 66, OHIO 63

Oh, how the tides have turned...for now. Bean Willis has put the Bobcats within three points of Akron, thanks to his two 3-pointers and layup. His 20 points leads the floor.

11:57: Akron 63, OHIO 54

It seems like Akron just can't miss. The Zips' leading scorer tonight — Deji Ibitayo — has 17 points and hasn't missed a shot all game (7-7, 4-4 3PT).

15:32: Akron 54, OHIO 49

Tony Campbell is on fire to start the half. 10 points in about four minutes, but a 3-pointer from the Zips puts them back up by five.

First Half

3:49: Akron 43, OHIO 32

Ohio looked to be putting together a run back to tie the game up, but after five-straight points, Akron has since gone on a 7-0 run.

6:55: Akron 36, OHIO 27

Akron has gotten off to a little run, as the Zips have made 7 of their last 9 shots. 'Cats still in single-digit deficit, but it's too early to be saying that.

9:30: Akron 30, OHIO 25

It's becoming a 3-point shootout in The Convo. Both teams have hit over 60 percent of their threes. Ohio is 3-for-5, while Akron is 8-for-13. 

14:29: OHIO 11, Akron 8

A fiery start for both teams, Ohio already looking to make sure Ndour gets his touches, because that's what the Bobcats have been lacking lately. Bean Willis also off to a good start. Has one 3-pointer and a layup, along with four boards.