Ohio senior guard Stevie Taylor looks to pass to freshman guard Ryan Taylor during the first half of their MAC conference game against Akron, February 4th, 2015. 

Ohio vs. Eastern Michigan

A live notebook of Ohio's mid-week matchup with Akron in The Convo.

FINAL

EMU               73             

OHIO              76            

Top Performers

EMU

Points: Lee — 33

Rebounds: Nazione — 6

Assists: Talley — 5

Foul trouble: Nazione — 4, Price — 4, Talley — 3

OHIO

Points: Willis — 22

Rebounds: Campbell — 12

Assists: Campbell — 4

Foul trouble: S. Taylor — 3, Harley — FOULED OUT, R. Taylor — FOULED OUT

Second Half

1:20: OHIO 73, EMU 67

It's not over yet. But, a 3-pointer by Willis and a monstrous block by Ndour at the other end may have swung the momentum in the Bobcats' favor.

3:55: OHIO 66, EMU 59

This is what you call 'closing time' for Ohio. It's the Bobcats' opportunity to put the game away with a good run here in the last four minutes. They have a seven-point lead, but its been as large as 15 today.

7:47: OHIO 61, EMU 48

The Bean Willis show didn't end after Ohio's victory against Akron. He's back and he's on fire. He now has 19 points and he's led the 'Cats to a 13-point lead.

13:35: OHIO 45, EMU 40

Bobcats are getting back into stride, now. Bean Willis has since hit a 3-pointer and Maurice Ndour completed a three-point play on an and-1. EMU still shooting well, though, at 55 percent for the half.

15:57: OHIO 39, EMU 38

It's been quite a run for Eastern to start the half, Ohio is simply not making shots, while EMU is. 

First Half

2:57: OHIO 28, EMU 18

Ohio really getting on a roll here, up by double digits now. Bean Willis has made his last two shots and looks to be heating up — with 11 points already. With just less than three minutes left in the first half, now is the time to push for the Bobcats.

6:48: OHIO 17, EMU 14

Now it's EMU's turn to miss shots. 'Cats are back on top, thanks to a huge spark on both ends of the court from Stevie Taylor.

11:57: EMU 12, OHIO 9

This game has had quite the sloppy start to it, but Ohio it back within one possession after a 3-pointer from Bean Willis. After five minutes with no breaks, there have been three timeouts in the last three minutes.

12:55: EMU 12, OHIO 6

A real sloppy start to this game to say the least. Six minutes into the game, both teams combined for a sub-50 percent shooting average. Now, it's picking up a little bit, but Ohio is just 20 percent from the field. It's really hard for a crowd to get into a game when nobody is making shots.