Provided via The Athens County Sheriff's Office

Athens law enforcement seizes more than 200 doses of LSD

The Athens County Major Crimes Unit served a search warrant Friday, Feb. 27 at a North Lancaster Street apartment and seized suspected LSD evidence in both liquid and "blotter paper" form, according to a news release.

Prior to the search warrant being served, a resident of the apartment had sold suspected marijuana and approximately 100 unit doses of LSD in liquid form to a confidential informant.

Officers also collected suspected marijuana, prescription drugs and "hash oil," which the news release described as "one of the several names for an oily, illegal substance derived from marijuana."

Benjamin P. Finkel, 21, was arrested on-scene and jailed for a second-degree felony for trafficking in LSD. Finkel was additionally charged with a fourth-degree felony for trafficking in marijuana and a third-degree felony for possession of LSD.

According to the news release, Finkel's charges were elevated, as he's accused of committing the offenses within 1,000 feet of Athens Middle School.

More than 200 unit doses of suspected LSD in both liquid and blotter paper form were recovered with the combined controlled buy and the search warrant, according to the news release. More than $7,500 in cash was also recovered, some of which was evidence from the controlled buy.

@eockerman

eo300813@ohio.edu