Kyle Sater, an alumnus who graduated in 2010, gestures to the Bagel Street Deli employee counting his pickles during the 15th annual Pickle Fest competition Friday. 

Bagel Street Deli hosts Pickle Fest, looks to once again donate money to charity

The 16th annual Picklefest is taking place Friday afternoon. 

Although the term “fest season” causes some to think of drunken debauchery resulting in muddy fights and arrests, one Uptown business is continuing to host their own fest with good intentions.

Bagel Street Deli, 27 S. Court St., is hosting their 16th annual Picklefest on Friday afternoon.

A previous Post report states the event has taken place since 1999.

There will be a $5 minimum entry fee collected and donated to a charity of the winner’s choice. The winner will also get to create a sandwich and name it, earning a spot on the eateries’ chalkboard wall.  

The first heat in the competition will begin at 4 p.m. with the other heats beginning after that. Each heat will last 10 minutes. The winner will be the contestant who eats the most dill pickles in those 10 minutes without throwing up.

Last year’s winner, Kyle Suter, a 2010 alumnus, ate 10 pickles in the allotted time and chose to donate the money to Good Works, a local charity dealing with homelessness and poverty. The previous Post report also states this amount set a record for the event.

According to a Facebook event created for Picklefest, last year the business raised $600 for the charity.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="e330a0fd-1e2c-5e04-838f-174a3c40a04a"}}

@W_Gibbs

wg868213@ohiou.edu