College Green

Catch up on what you missed during spring break

Welcome back, Bobcats. Athens isn’t nearly as lively without you here.

While you were gone, Athens accumulated several inches of snow; the Ohio University Board of Trustees announced its spring meeting agenda; charges were dropped against the four student protesters arrested during a Student Senate meeting in September 2014; and the women’s basketball team finished its regular season atop the Mid-American Conference.

The Bobcats hockey team bowed out of its national championship in the quarterfinals, and the OU employee recently arrested for allegedly possessing child pornography is being tried in county court.

It was also announced that movie star Leonardo DiCaprio will star in a movie about Billy Milligan, a former patient at the Athens Mental Health Center, otherwise known as The Ridges.

We also got word that an OU student died during spring break. We would like to offer our condolences to her family and loved ones. Please remember that the folks at OU’s Counseling and Psychological Services are available if you need someone to talk to.

Best of luck with the second half of your semester, Bobcats. Stick with us for continued coverage of everything you need to know on campus and in Athens.

Editorials represent the majority opinion of The Post's executive editors: editor-in-chief Jim Ryan, managing editor Sara Jerde, opinion editor Xander Zellner and projects editor Allan Smith. Post editorials are independent of the publication's news coverage.