Athens County Girl Scouts are selling their cookies at the bottom floor of Baker University Center until 6 p.m. Tuesday.

Girl Scout cookies selling in Baker Center

Girl Scout cookies are here, Ohio University. 

At the bottom of Baker Center, Troop 1422 is selling cookies until 6 p.m. on Tuesday. The troop is also taking orders to be delivered to residences.

Girl Scout cookies are $4 per box. From classics like Thin Mints, Caramel deLites (Samoas) and Thanks-A-Lot, a few new cookies have been added to the mix. The new cookies this year include Rah-Rah Raisins and Cranberry Citrus Crisps. 

"The money the girls are raising will go to a three-day camping trip in West Virginia," said Liz Thompkins, troop leader. "It will be their first time camping."

The troop came with 240 boxes, and have all ready sold more than 40 boxes, Thompkins said. They are out of Trefoils and Savannah Smiles. 

The troop is selling cookies at OU because the partnership the troop has with the OU Women in Business club, for which members of the organizations are paired up to help empower the younger girls.

"I really like being a girl scout and I especially like selling cookies," said Emma Bianco, a fourth grade student Girl Scout in the troop. "Wait — I like eating them more."

The Girl Scouts also have an official app available for download to help individuals find cookies being sold in the area, as well as directions for placing orders.

@mmfernandez_

mf736213@ohio.edu