OhioHealth O'Bleness Hospital names new president

OhioHealth named an Ohio University graduate as the new president of its O’Bleness Hospital in a press release on Tuesday

An Ohio University graduate will become the new president of OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital in April, according to an OhioHealth news release on Tuesday.

Mark Seckinger, who currently serves as the president of the OhioHealth Hardin Memorial Hospital in Kenton, will take over the position on April 26. Interim president LaMar Wyse currently holds the position.

“Mark’s experience as a hospital administrator and his roots in the community combined with his ability to connect with people make him an ideal candidate for this position,” Cheryl Herbert, senior vice president of OhioHealth Regional Operations, said in the release.

The press release stated that Wyse, who took the position after former president Greg Long stepped down in August, will remain at the hospital for Seckinger’s first 90 days to ensure a smooth leadership transition and to keep the current momentum around operations and the hospital’s culture moving forward.

Wyse will then work with a leadership team at Hardin Memorial Hospital, where he previously served as president, to provide similar support.

Ron Snyder, the current financial chief of Hardin Memorial Hospital, will become the interim president at Hardin Memorial Hospital.

Seckinger has served as president of OhioHealth Hardin Memorial Hospital since taking on the position in April 2001. During his time there, he improved patient satisfaction scores, reduced the associate turnover rate, achieved a 99th percentile for physician satisfaction and turned the hospital around financially, according to the news release.

He also received the OhioHealth President’s Award twice.

Prior to his current position, Seckinger worked at Doctors Hospital in Nelsonville — before OhioHealth owned it — from 1983 to 1998 as president, CEO and Nursing Home administrator before serving as the senior operations officer at OhioHealth Doctors Hospital in Columbus, according to the news release.

Seckinger is no stranger to the Athens region. He was born in Athens at Sheltering Arms Hospital, the predecessor to O’Bleness Hospital, and grew up in Nelsonville.

He graduated from Ohio University with a Bachelor’s degree in industrial technology from the Russ College of Engineering.

“It is an honor to be named president of O’Bleness Hospital and to be able to make a difference in the community where I spent the majority of my life,” Seckinger said in the news release.

@lukefurmanOU

lf491413@ohio.edu