Follow 'The Post' for Student Senate election results

Student Senate elections are often decided by a small number of votes, and the votes you cast have surely made a difference in who leads your student government.

We wrote to you Wednesday to suggest which candidates are best suited to represent students’ interests as next year’s top Student Senate officials. Regardless of whether your views align with ours, we hope you took the time to cast your ballot. (The polls closed at 7 a.m. today.)

It’s a familiar refrain, but it’s a true one.

This year’s president, Megan Marzec, won by only 142 votes. Vice President Caitlyn McDaniel won by only 151 votes; and former Treasurer Carter Phillips (who resigned in September) won by 93 votes, according to previous Post reporting.

Thank you to those of you who took the time to vote. Follow @ThePostCampus on Twitter tomorrow evening to learn which candidates will represent the student body next year.

Editorials represent the majority opinion of The Post's executive editors: editor-in-chief Jim Ryan, managing editor Sara Jerde and projects editor Allan Smith. Post editorials are independent of the publication's news coverage.