OUPD receives sixth report of alleged sexual offense during Spring Semester

The Ohio University Police Department received it’s second rape report Spring Semester. The case remains inactive, due to the anonymity of the report.

The Ohio University Police Department picked up an anonymous S.A.N.E. kit — a kit used to determine if an individual has been sexually assaulted — from OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital on Sunday afternoon. That is the second rape reported to OUPD during Spring Semester.

A S.A.N.E. is a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner that conducts the exam on the survivor.

Trained professionals maintain the chain of who holds the contents of the kit to ensure the evidence can be used in court. Materials in the kit can be held for 30 years after the initial tests in case the survivor decides to come forward and press charges, said OUPD Lt. Tim Ryan.

OUPD has the case listed as inactive.

Ryan said the case is inactive because his department can’t conduct an investigation with an anonymous kit, and they don’t have anyone coming forward.

That case is the sixth sex-related crime Spring Semester. Additionally, two reports of rape were filed Fall Semester that remain active investigations, according to OUPD’s website.

The semester’s first report of a sex offense — a case of sexual imposition — occurred during the first week of Spring Semester on Jan. 15.

According to police reports, three males approached a female OU student walking down Jeff Hill at 12:55 a.m. One male touched her breast and buttocks, and all three males followed her back to her East Green dorm, where she shut the door on them.

The next day, OUPD received another report of sexual imposition.

A female OU student reported she was walking north on the sidewalk between South Green Drive and North McKinley Avenue when a white man ran up behind her and touched her buttocks and quickly ran away from the scene.

The third report took place Jan. 18, when a female was allegedly raped in Wilson Hall on West Green.

All three of those reports remain active, according to OUPD’s website.

The fourth report occurred March. 8, after a female OU student filed a report accusing Brian L. Goody, 40, of sexual imposition.

Goody was the first sexual imposition suspect to be arrested during Spring Semester.

The fifth sex-related crime involved a male who was arrested after publicly exposing himself in OU’s parking lot 122 on March 26.

The male was transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail, according to OUPD’s police report log.

@Fair3Julia

Jf311013@ohio.edu