Copeland Hall houses the College of Business.

OU's Schey Sales Centre gets spot in international list of top sales training programs

The Schey Sales Centre was one of eight MAC schools on the list.

The Sales Education Foundation recently included Ohio University’s Schey Sales Centre to its annual list of the best schools for sales training.

Released in late April, the list includes 93 North American colleges and universities, as well as 13 international schools. Individual rankings were not assigned to the programs.

Schools must meet three requirements to be receive the distinction: they must provide three or more dedicated sales courses, offer internships for sales students and recognize students through a certificate, minor or major, said Marty Holmes, associate director of the foundation.

Ohio University is listed online as a sponsor of the foundation, meaning the university made at least a $3,000 donation, landing Schey Sales Centre an advertisement in the report. When asked, representatives from OU and the foundation maintained that the donation had no bearing on Schey's ranking.

More than half of OU’s Mid-American Conference colleagues made the cut, including the University of Akron, Ball State University, Bowling Green State University, Central Michigan University, Kent State University, the University of Toledo and Western Michigan University. 

The universities of North Carolina, Cincinnati, Dayton and West Virginia University were also included in the list.

“We are extremely proud of our legacy of professional sales education at Ohio University,” said Hugh Sherman, dean of OU’s College of Business in a news release. “Since 1997 we have been a leader in sales education and are pleased to be recognized as one of the first — and consistently the best — professional sales centers in the country.”

99 percent of Schey Sales Centre students have full-time jobs when they graduate, said the program’s Executive Director Greg DiPasquale.

Any Ohio University student can apply to the Schey Sales Centre’s certificate-granting program. Once admitted, students must complete an 18 credit hour curriculum, which includes an internship with partner companies.

@JeremyHTweets

jh082913@ohio.edu